Date: December 21, 2018
PROCUREMENT OFFICER FOR “BIODIVERSITY AND ADAPTATION TO CLIMATE CHANGE” PROJECT IN MONGOLIA
The Ministry of Environment and Tourism is seeking to recruit a Procurement Officer for “Biodiversity and Adaptation to Climate Change” project in Mongolia. The project is being implemented by the Ministry of Environment and Tourism from 2015 to 2020 under the Government of Mongolia and Federal Republic of Germany’s financial cooperation financing through the KfW Development Bank. The project aims at strengthening the management of the Mongolian Protected Area (PA) system, to maintain biodiversity conservation and to improve/stabilizing the livelihoods of local populations.
Scope of work:
- Assure overall responsibility for implementing project procurement activities in accordance with the project implementation schedule, investment and financing and procurement plan for the project.
- Implement the procurement function and oversee all aspects of purchasing, negotiations, strategy, tools and process implementation for procurement related to goods, works, and services.
- Adhering KfW Procurement guidelines for Procurement of Goods, Works and associated with services in Financial Cooperation with Partner countries and Mongolian law for purchasing contracts of goods, works and services with state and local properties.
- Tendering, documenting and contracting procurements of all kinds of works, supplies and services,
- Close cooperation with working parties and respective authorities.
- Required qualifications, skills and expertise:
- A bachelor degree in law, finance and/or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience with donor-funded project(s) implemented between Government of Mongolia and Donor(s) during which the procurement officer will have worked in the equivalent capacity for at least 3 years.
- Previous experience in procurement with donor funded project(s), specifically World Bank and KfW bank.
- Proven understanding and knowledge of the procurement laws and regulations of the Government of Mongolia as well as other international procurement practices, guidelines and procedures.
- Demonstrated international and national training in procurement.
- Proficient command of MS Office.
- A valid procurement certificate- A3 is preferred.
- Proficient English language skill of IBT/TOEFL-85 or IELTS-6.0, or equivalent capacity with demonstration
DEADLINE OF THE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
Interested Candidates should submit an application consisting of the following documents, prepared in English language.
CV (use the state officer’s resume format), cover letter (max 2 pages) indicating your skills and work experiences, two reference letters from the previous employer and copies of all diplomas and certificates must be sent hand delivery to address given before and at 10:00 a.m. of January 03rd of 2019.
All documents should be enclosed in a sealed envelope that indicates the applied position, and hand delivered to the specified person at The Down Town building. Please note that the submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants.
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted and asked to (i) have a job interview with the selection committee, and (ii) provide proof of work experience and original copies of diplomas and certificates at the interview.
4th floor, Room #401
The Down Town building, Jamiyan Gunii Street 18, Sukhbaatar district, 1st khoroo, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia